Weekender







I've decided I was made to live by water.

There's a saying that always comes back to me, when I'm light and bubbly with glee or heavy with sadness; that, as 80% of our cells dictate, humans are forever drawn to the water. Wherever you look through every cutlure, population density clusters around coastline and rivers. Today at Gosfield like, I watch the water by my feet ripple in fluid motion and all the weight from my shoulders dissapates. We watch families as they barbecue with hampers and electric bots and a radio and our hearts burst for a family of our own. We laugh at ourselves because we are too young and selfish and our love for travelling and need to work rules out heads. Hearts are fickle when your mind is made up. 

I hope motherhood blinds my neurotic need to be constantly busy (not in work or activity per se, but the urge to have every detail of my weekend meticulously planned as not to miss a single second). Ironically, I will probably revel in a moments quiet. 

In other news this week, I'm still obsessing over my 6k on the bike each night, and cursing myself for missing my laser days. Dreaming of my Southern Californian body and counting the days until the next best thing (Newmarket 29th, Paris 4th...). Almost tearfully revelling in Mariannan's Summer Through My iPhone post with which she shamelessly captions one beautiful lake image as the fact she sits by herself in moments she needs to think. Sometimes I just need to escape my head and go on long walks until I run out of path. 

In the meantime I am dreaming hard of white sand, minty cocktails, long sleeve jumpsuits, fresh salad recipes, crystal waters, stately homes with gardens. Coconut soap, Campervan living, a blush wedding, red slaw, seeing the stars, khaki, Michael Kors glasses, Prosecco evenings, unlimited cinema trips, white lilies, Desperate Housewives (still).

Want to read; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Not-Drop-Drink-Mindy-McGinnis/dp/0062198505

Want to wear; http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/New-Look/New-Look-Cargo-jumpsuit 


Love this idea; http://www.hellofashionblog.com/2015/08/a-toast-to-wine.html


 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author