Living room rearranging, headaches and broken beds...

It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder since last night when Pete came over to fix the bed. My God that was playing on my mind. A few bangs here and a bit of B&Q improvisation, I put the duvet back on with such glee. I've come to terms with the fact that some people just aren't nice - maybe it's that their brought up to be selfish, perhaps that the world has made them sour and filled with blame and hatred. Who knows. 

In a way, it makes me miss all the comforts from home: the overly-polite, let-me-help-you-with-that, excuse-me's and thank-you's. It struck me today how much of a (let's try not to get soppy here) safety blanket (?) Pete is for me sometimes. When I'm lost and confused and angry at the world, I find that all dissolves away into thin air as soon as he's with me. Like I'm not carrying the weight of the world on my own - that we can do anything, be anything and nobody else matters. I didn't intend on this being such a cliche but that's what it appears to have turned into! Australia, career aspirations, cars, home decor and puppies... it all seems so feesable and so close when he's here. Which is why I think I stress so much when he's away - Pete withdrawal symptoms as I think he's called them in the past. Awkward.

Cannot WAIT until I've got a house to myself, I'm literally going to go wild. Pete, I hope you're ready with nails, paint and a hammer!








 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author