Me, Myself and I

For as long as I can remember, I've quite liked doing things by myself. That's not to say I don't like company (I do)... I just think it's good for the soul to have a few hours a day to focus on just me. 
Maybe that is a little anti-social, or boring, or strange... but it works in my eyes. 

Marcus Aurelius once said "Nowhere can man find a quieter or more untroubled retreat than in his own soul"

Yesterday, I got some of the housework done, and found I was stuck for things to do. We're in the middle of finishing deadlines and lectures ended a week ago which left me lying around watching This Morning on a sunny day.... So I decided to head down to South Kensington and go - solo - to the museum. It was one of the most invigorating chances to just explore the city (and I got to miss out all the exhibitions I didn't want to see, and spend ages on the ones I did...)

Afterwards, I took off my jumper and scarf and took a bike through Hyde Park - had a peck to eat in Cafe Nero, Covent Gardens - and then went for a sunbed in London Bridge. Not only did I get so much done, but also had time to just enjoy the sun, the settings, and doing things on my own terms. Later, my boyfriend came over to a cooked tea and a giant cookie from the market awaiting him.

Perfect.






 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author