Home for the weekend...

After an exhausting week of lecture notes, swapping shoes and far too many lists, I packed up my weekend bag and headed off to Marylebone Station. Last year, whilst living in halls, I travelled home every two weeks or so (a lot for my first year at university, I know - yet I am obliged to add that my ex-boyfriend lived at home and seeing my man once a fortnight made the deal seem far more acceptable). With this in mind, the fact I go home once every month now makes the visits so much more special. Living in the city has rekindled my hopeless romance for the Warwickshire countryside... So me and my mum pulled on our hunters and  gillet's and walked the dog through the fields, picking berries and soaking up the golden sun as we went along.




After a good walk, I swapped the hunters for heels and headed out for a late tea with Soph. We had a big catch up over a few glasses of wine and salads in The Slug and Lettuce, which - as it was a Saturday night - was packed to the brim, making the atmosphere that much better. After dinner, and rather naughtily, we snuck off to a quieter Bella Italia (who were now serving the remainder of the cosy couples and old romantics) and had coffee's and desserts by candlelight - perfection!

Sweet Potato Salad, Chicken Ceasar Salad, Bread and Olive Selection and Pinot Grigio Blush

Latte, Americano, Honeycomb Ice Cream and Cookie Dough Lava

As it is Soph's birthday next weekend (and unfortunately due to an unforseen surprise from my boyfriend, I am unable to attend the birthday night out) I arranged for us to have a Spa Day at The Wildmoor Spa in Stratford upon Avon. I'd heard good things about the spa since it opened a few years ago and decided it would be perfect to spend a girly day lounging around the pool in robes and cleansing off in the herbal sauna's and steam rooms. The staff who greeted us were friendly and the atmosphere of the whole spa was sensationally relaxing. After slipping on our robes and fluffy slippers, we headed out to the pool with our books and phones (sinners) and slung around on the hammocks, soaked in the jaccuzzi and generally fell into a hypnotic state until lunch! At 3pm we headed back to the dining area for coffees, croissants and a cool off, then back to the pool and manicures at 5pm to finish the day off. Perfect end to a perfect weekend!



Peppers stuffed with Goats Cheese and Pilau Rice on a bed of Rocket, Pinot Grigio Blush

Credits for Soph's photography via her Instagram!

Americano, Chocolate Croissant and The Guardian

Feeding my habit: Interior Design!




 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author